Fast Five with Farrah Rochon
- What is the most indispensable writing thing you own?
The Freedom productivity app. It allows me to shut myself off from social media (or the internet entirely) for a set amount of hours each day. I’m not sure I would have gotten through a single book in the last five years without it.
- You can only have one! Panda? Or Koala?
Koala! Those pandas can grow pretty big. I wouldn’t wan
t to end up on the wrong side of a “Pandas Gone Wild” video.
- Is there a book you really want to write but are too chicken/busy/lazy to do it? Have you ever felt a certain way and written the book anyway and smashed it out of the park?
I’ve always wanted to write a historical, but the research! Gah! The novel I’m currently writing requires a bit of historical research and it has given me a glimpse into what my life would be like if I wrote a full-blown historical romance. I’ll stick with contemporary romance, thank you very much. As for the second question, I’m always pretty nervous when writing a book featuring a couple that long-time readers of the series have been waiting on. There’s so much pressure there and I always think I’m going to disappoint my readers. So far, no disappointments!
- You’re a big traveler! What’s the longest time you have ever spent stuck on a tarmac and where were you? Did you worry about the bathroom situation the whole time like I do?
Years ago, I was stuck on the tarmac at JFK for five hours! It was agony. But it was Jet Blue so at least we had really good snacks. I didn’t think to worry about the bathroom situation until I’d indulged in one too many of those snacks.
- What book have you read in the last year that you will definitely be reading again?
Do audiobooks count? If they do, my answer is Fredrik Backman’s Anxious People. I’ve already listened to it more than once.
(side note: Anxious People was my favorite read of 2020).
Farrah’s books are funny and smart and include all the feels. If you haven’t read her yet, I hope you’ll check out the first book in her newest series, THE BOYFRIEND PROJECT. I’m anxiously awaiting the second book in the series, THE DATING PLAYBOOK which will be out this summer!