Fun Fast Five with Suzanne Enoch
- We all know you’re really good at writing. What other skill do you wish you were really good at?
Well, thank you for saying so. I’ve always wished I could learn to fence, not that that has much practical application today. Archery would be cool, too.
- You are a notorious Star Wars fan. A nebula is headed right for your space ship and only one can save you: Luke Skywalker? Han Solo? Or None of the Above?
Good Lord! Not a nebula! If Han Solo didn’t come to save me, I guess I would just have to settle for being vaporized. I’ve been in love with that man since 1977.
- What is the first romance you read that made you want to write romance?
One of my friends loaned me “Devil’s Cub” by Georgette Heyer when I was in 9th grade. I’ve been a big reader for as long as I can remember, but that one just stands out. It was so dashing and romantic, and made me want to escape into that world. (note to the audience: Devil’s Cub is one of the best regency romances there is).
- You have beautiful handwriting, because you write by hand (note to the audience: no one writes by hand). How long does it take you to write a complete manuscript WITH YOUR HAND? (Question submitted by Mrs. Thompson’s 7th grade typing class).
LOL – thank you again. It takes me 3-4 months to write a book by hand. I spend the mornings handwriting, and then the afternoons typing up what I’ve written. That way I kind of get an immediate first edit, which actually helps me figure things out before I write myself into a hole. Most of the time, anyway.
- What was the last best book you read and what did you love about it?
The last book I read just for fun was Karen Hawkins’ The Book Charmer. It was so full of small town southern life and had some magic and some romance… Being a suburban girl from Southern California, I found it really charming and fun.